What is Responsive Scheduling?
Responsive scheduling is a term used to describe a method to schedule students for enrichment and intervention. Many schools may use a flex block or activity period to give student opportunities to get extra help, emotional support, or pursue projects they care about. How can you manage this time?
Manage & Organize Your Flex Time with Responsive Scheduling
Responsive scheduling creates meaningful, organized learning experiences for students.
- Schedule and assign students to specific activity periods in just a few clicks!
- Keep track of where students are going, and take attendance
- Override or lock appointments with students if needed
- Schedule a group of students to one activity period
- Schedule student for one day, or a repeating range of dates
- Use reporting and analysis tools to see how and staff students are using their activity period
- Our software works with Powerschool, Infinite Campus, Skyward, Aspen, MMS and many more.
Learn more about Enriching Students Features
Give Students Personalized Learning Choices
Give students voice and choice in your school by creating unique personalized learning opportunities with responsive scheduling. Here are some ways you can do that:
- Create custom course offerings for students
- Use your activity period for a Genius Hour and/or STEM program
- Give students time to pursue project-based learning
- Enable students to schedule themselves to see teachers of their choice
- Provide students with the social-emotional help they need
How can you successfully use responsive scheduling? Check out our Features page to see how our Responsive Scheduling tool can work in your school!
Learn more about flex blocks/activity periods Watch our video ‘How Can You Create a Flex Block?‘ to see how schools have made minor adjustments to their schedule to make this work. In addition ‘Why Create a Flex Block?‘ gives examples of success from real schools that have a daily flex block, or activity period.